Leading Analytics Company, HIS, has revealed 10 trends that will shape the lighting and LED industry of 2015. These trends are believed to lower down the cost of LED in this year and could lead to improved margins.
The Top 10 Predictions Are Here:
1. China—The LED Dragon—Will Continue To Grow
While maintaining their low pricing, Chinese companies have to improve the quality to compete with the emerging international markets.
2. Sky Is The Limit Of Cloud-Based Smart Lighting
Cloud-based smart lighting will gain good market share in the year 2015.
3. Changing Fortunes For Lighting Companies Expected In 2015
Re-organisations and changes in corporate structure will increase the margins. Due to the positive market growth, it is expected that LED’s will be available at lower costs.
4. Li-Fi, A Brighter Way To Communicate
Visual Light Communication (Li-Fi) is predicted to make its way this year. It might be possible that we will see some good commercial projects using this emerging technology this year.
5. Is Lighting Poised For A Quantum Leap?
QD-LEDs still have a long way to go. We will keep an eye on this trend as QD-LEDs are supposed to replace OLED displays this year.
6. OLED Luminaries, And Where To Buy Them
Companies are set to offer premium range of OLED luminaries this year which will eventually create interest. Good signs of growth for OLED industry.
7. LED Filament Bulbs
These bulbs combine the benefits of LED lamps with the familiar design of incandescent bulbs. At the end consumers will decide whether this trend will be in limelight in year 2015 or not.
8. Packaged LED Industry Is Moving Downstream And Getting Smarter
Smart lighting sensors will be a key trend in 2015.
9. Is your streetlight all that it seems?
Small street lighting project will moved towards city-wide installations.
10. Automotive applications driving optoelectronic component market
This will be a good year for optoelectronic component suppliers who are focusing on the automotive industry.
Stay connected for more updates.