We all are living in an age where advancements of technology are constantly taking place. Modern auto headlights are as powerful, energy efficient and durable as the automobiles in which they are installed. This rapid shift in the trend is the prime reason behind the popularity of brighter xenon headlights and LED lights. But do you have any glimpse of the history of these headlights? Are you aware of the amazing benefits of LED lights over traditional halogen lighting? Ok let’s make it easy, do you want to save your electricity bills? Well everyone wants to save bucks. In this post we are going to share some less known facts about car headlights.
1. The first vehicle headlamps were officially introduced in 1880’s when owning a vehicle was the symbol of richness. When there were only few vehicles, when the technology was not much advanced. These headlamps were operated with acetylene and oil like the traditional old gas lamps were operated. They were prone to weather conditions, less durable and costly.
2. In year 1898 electric headlamps were introduced and they replaced the oil headlamps. A Hartford based company introduced these new generation headlights. Although they were the perfect replacement of oil headlamps at that time but these electric headlamps were very expensive.
3. In 1915 Guide Lamp Company launched the low beam headlights in the market. Still the car headlights were no much efficient and durable. People were looking for more high powered solutions.
4. 1962 was the year when the first halogen light was made available. These lights completely replaced the old headlights because they could produce brighter light within the same operating cost. These headlights were ruling over the market that time and still today many of the manufacturers prefer to install halogen lights.
5. Well this is human nature; we always look for better quality solutions. Although the first xenon light was invented in 1940’s but these were officially introduced as a replacement of traditional headlamps in mid of 90’s, that time they were installed in Japanese and European luxury cars only. These headlights are popular because of a number of advantages like low power consumption, brighter light, durability etc.
6. There are two types of xenon headlight namely upgrade and HID. HID light can produce 300 percent more brighter light compared to halogen lights.
7. Xenon bulbs lasts almost 2 or 3 times longer compared to halogen lamps.
So I think now you are well aware of the history and amazing capabilities of these modern xenon lights.